Polyester & Nylon ink, Mustang White Plastisol Ink You can buy all the colors with low curing ink for Polyester and Nylon fabric-select colors from standard high opacity colors of our regular ink over the phone- Please, call us for Mustang colors.
Mustang White Plastisol Ink is virtually nonbleeding and low fusion Plastisol ink for most bleeder shirts made out of polyester, PVC, cotton, and Nylon (For some Nylon fabric Nylobond (Xenon) may be needed). This Plastisol is virtually a nonbleeding ink, provided you follow the fusion and dryer temperature, given below. Mustang White is a low-temperature curing white Plastisol ink recommended for all fabrics, including nylon, polyester, and cotton. There are some dyes that are very heat-sensitive- Make sure that your test prints are free from any sublimation and migration issues of the dye.
- The dryer has to be maintained so that the temperature at the print is at 265-285F for one minute and twenty seconds for a complete fusion that would give the print a longer washability and fusion. The ink sometimes does not fuse properly due to low voltage- Test the temperature with a laser gun. THE BEST COURSE IS TO CHECK ONE SHIRT WITH BLEEDING ISSUES BEFORE GOING INTO PRODUCTION.
Mustang White is almost non-bleedingWe suggest that before using Mustang White for difficult-to-adhere surfaces and bleeder fabrics, a sample should be made to make sure of the product's suitability. This pure and bright white Plastisol ink is a non-phthalate product that saves energy due to its low-temperature fusing, one coat may suffice to have enough coverage and whiteness for some fabrics- Some heavy fabrics may require two coats. If Mustang White has to be thinned down; only Nylon Curable Reducer (NCR-40) from Xenon Products should be used to avoid bleeding. The reason is that most reducers would make the product bleed and lose its adhesion and opaqueness to difficult fabrics. Mustang White high opacity colors both regular and neon are also available. For dark fabrics, we suggest using a 110 mesh count for better coverage.
- "Virtually" nonbleeding
- Very High Opacity
- Works for all fabrics, Nylon, 100% Polyester, PVC, etc.
- Low fusion 275-300F
- Mustang White may be used for all fabrics, including Vinyl, polyester, cotton, and Nylon ( For some Nylon fabrics you may have to use an Isocyanate catalyst).
- For printing bleeder shirts, including red, dark green, blue, black, and other colors.
- For fabrics that may be distorted by high-temperature curing.
- Can be used manually or on high-speed automatics.
- When bright white is a requisite.
- When the accumulation of ink on automatic machines becomes a problem.
PROCEDURE: Apply the ink to the fabric and flash below 230 F, preferably, 200F. DO NOT EXCEED beyond the recommended temperature of 230 F at the surface of the fabric (you can measure the temperature by heat strips) when flashing. If you flash at a higher temperature, the dye that is just attached to the surface of the fabric may sublimate, causing bleeding (that occurs over 250F at the Flashing station). After flashing, the heat can be adjusted at the dryer to 285 F without the danger of bleeding or over-curing the ink. For Nylon fabric, fusing may be achieved at 265- 285 F with one minute & 20 seconds dwell time. The longer dwell time increases the fusion process.
CAUTION: Be very careful regarding the fumes of all Plastisol ink- you must have an approved exhaust system in place
Do not dry clean the garment after printing any Plastisol ink'